terms
report

Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

Apartment fire caused by kids

`Clive authorities confirmed Monday that a Nov. 9 apartment fire was caused by three small, unattended children playing with a butane torch.

Authorities say the fire, which caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to six apartments at 8427 Alice Ave., started on a living room couch in a basement apartment. Fire officials said the blaze was “enhanced,” but not started, by fuel from model rockets kept by the apartment’s chief tenant as a hobby.’




Leave a Reply

about