trademarks

Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

Woman dies microwaving clothes

`An elderly blind woman who lived alone was burned and died after trying to microwave clothing at her home in Newcastle, north of Sydney.

A family member found the body of the 86-year-old woman in the dining room of her Birmingham Gardens home about 5pm (AEST) yesterday.

Authorities believe the woman removed the clothes from the microwave, not realising they were on fire, and set her nightgown alight in the process, a police spokeswoman said. [..]

It is unclear why she put the clothes in the microwave, but police do not believe she was trying to dry them.’




Leave a Reply

profile