terms

Thursday, September 28, 2006

 

Baby Dies in Bucket of Mom’s Vomit

`A baby died after rolling off a bed and falling into a bucket of her teenage mother’s vomit at a homeless shelter, police said.

The mother, Savarin DeJesus, 18, was charged with criminally negligent homicide and endangering the welfare of a child, and could get five years behind bars. [..]

Authorities said DeJesus spent the evening of Sept. 15 downing gin and smoking cigarettes and then returned before dawn to the shelter where she lived with the 4-month old girl, Niah. DeJesus threw up into a bucket of cleaning solution next to her bed, then passed out on the bed, clutching Niah’s legs, authorities said.’




Leave a Reply