handbookguidelines

Saturday, March 10, 2007

 

Man goes to buy extinguisher after starting meth fire

‘A Chandler man has been arrested after his condominium caught fire while he was cooking methamphetamine in a toaster oven, authorities said.

Jonathan Zaletel, 19, was arrested on suspicion of drug manufacturing, drug possession and criminal damage.

Zaletel was cooking meth at about 7 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of North Alma School Road near Ray Road when his condominium bedroom closet caught fire, authorities said.

He unsuccessfully attempted to stop the fire with water and window cleaner. He then went to Wal-Mart to buy a fire extinguisher.’




Leave a Reply