careers
podcast

Sunday, April 22, 2007

 

Hair oil boy sets himself alight

‘A teenager was left with severe burns when he accidentally set his hair on fire after rubbing in head lice lotion.

Matthew Moore, 15, of Purbeck, Dorset, had just applied the lotion when he started playing with a cigarette lighter, which ignited his hair. [..]

In a statement, manufacturers of the lotion Thornton & Ross said: “It’s the very first incident of its kind.

“The product is not flammable. It’s been fully approved by various regulatory authorities.”‘ [..]

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service added: “Don’t play with lighters close to your hair and that goes generally when you have applied any type of hair product.”‘




Leave a Reply

copyright