copyright

Thursday, June 7, 2007

 

McDonald’s Evacuated After Workers Create Toxic Fumes

‘A McDonald’s restaurant in Brevard County was evacuated Monday night after several workers were overcome by toxic fumes.

Firefighters and HAZ-MAT crews were called to the restaurant on US-1 in Port St. John after the workers started having trouble breathing. Firefighters quickly found the source of the fumes.

“We poured kitty litter back behind the fry mat and, apparently, you’re not supposed to do that because it makes toxic fumes when it gets heated up. It gets toxic and a lot of people were going home sick,” said Matt Hoff, an employee.

The workers were using the kitty litter to clean up grease.’




Leave a Reply

suggest