contenttools

Thursday, August 16, 2007

 

Exploding lawn mower destroys Johns Creek home

‘Starting your lawn mower can be trouble enough.

But Danny Fendley, of Johns Creek, started more than just his mower Tuesday afternoon when he tugged at the pull cord.

The mower “exploded,” starting a fire that soon consumed Fendley’s home.

“It’s a goner,” said Fulton County Fire Lt. Gregory Chambers, at the scene of the blaze. “There’s not even one brick standing.” [..]

As Fendley struggled with the blaze, he said his wife tried to toss a can of gasoline out a window. She missed.

“Gas spilled everywhere,” he said.’




Leave a Reply