profile

Sunday, September 2, 2007

 

Himalayan high for cat who cleaned up at party

‘A Double Bay man got more than he bargained for when he took his highly agitated kitten to a veterinary clinic after it had been accidentally locked in a cupboard overnight – only to discover it was high on cocaine and benzodiazepines from a wild weekend dinner party. [..]

The eight-month-old Himalayan cat arrived at the Double Bay clinic on a Monday morning with dilated pupils and a racing heart. The owner said it had trouble walking and was easily startled, said a report in this month’s edition of the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery. [..]

The vets rang the owner’s wife, who admitted the cat could have licked “plates of cocaine”, which had been served at a dinner party two days earlier. A drug screen then revealed the cat also had benzodiazepines in its system.’




Leave a Reply