Saturday, March 25, 2006


Reebok bracelets recalled after boy’s death

`Reebok is recalling 300 000 children’s charm bracelets after a four-year-old died from lead poisoning after swallowing a piece of the jewellery, the US government said.

The silver-coloured bracelets, bearing heart-shaped charms engraved with the “Reebok” name, were given away with the purchase of children’s shoes in major shoe stores across the country.

The bracelets contain high levels of lead, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said.’

Leave a Reply