Monday, June 5, 2006


St. Paul man’s washing machine explodes

`A St. Paul man is thankful to be alive tonight, after his washing machine exploded this morning in his basement.

Glenn Johnson of St. Paul put gasoline in his machine to clean some greasy clothing. Johnson says he’s done this for 25 years to break up grease stains.

He puts detergent, water and a little gasoline together and after what happened this morning, he says he’ll never do it again.

“I’ve done it a hundred times before,” Johnson tells 5 Eyewitness News. “This is the first time it ever exploded on me.”‘

Leave a Reply