`A local woman became seriously ill after unaccountably putting a lime inside a coconut, and then drinking both up, sources say.
The woman, identified as 38-year-old Tonya Northfield, is not believed to have any prior history of incidents involving large tropical fruits or citrus fruits. However, unique circumstances prompted her to put the lime in the coconut, and drink them both up.
“My brother bought a coconut,” Northfield said, “he bought it for a dime. “And I had a nice, fresh lime that had also cost only ten cents. Given the small monetary investment in the two fruits, and the fact that I wasn’t using them for anything else, it seemed only logical to put the lime in the coconut, and drink them both up.”‘