rss

Saturday, January 13, 2007

 

Man electrocuted by DIY mole-killer

`A German pensioner who wired up a high-voltage cable to try to wipe out the moles digging up his garden killed himself instead.

Uwe Werner, police spokesman in Stralsund north of Berlin, said the 63-year-old retired construction foreman was found dead in the garden of his weekend house in Zingst next to a 380-volt cable and metal spikes rammed into the ground.

“The moles survived,” Mr Werner said, noting the voltage was enough to run a cement mixer or heavy-duty power saw. “It was in any event an unorthodox method to try to get rid of moles.”‘




2 Responses to “Man electrocuted by DIY mole-killer”

  1. BOB Says:

    well it’s better than a hard old kick in the nutts..right?

  2. moonbuggy Says:

    Being electrocuted to death is better than a kick in the nuts? Maybe. 🙂

Leave a Reply

news