Tuesday, May 8, 2007


Teens ‘get high on bin smoke’

‘Setting wheelie bins on fire and inhaling fumes to get high is the new ‘drug of choice’ for teenagers, police say.

The craze is behind more than 50 bin fires in Barnsley, they add.

Anti-solvent abuse charities warn that inhaling bin fumes could be more dangerous than sniffing glue or petrol.

Wheelie bins are made from high density polyethylene – composed of double-bonded carbon and hydrogen molecules.

Burning an empty one releases carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.

These deadly gases starve the brain of oxygen, giving a headacheheavy short high.’

What the fuck is wrong with children these days?

Leave a Reply