‘For most of us, making a cup of tea is one of life’s simpler tasks.
For Mavis Price, however, it is fraught with danger – because she can blow up kettles just by touching them.
The 60- year- old grandmother seems to have a freakishly high level of static electricity coursing through her body.
She estimates she has destroyed 15 kettles in the last few years. Housework has also become a problem, with 20 irons and ten vacuum cleaners biting the dust after falling foul of her apparently supercharged touch.
And her friends and family are often left with their hair standing on end after touching her.’