address

Friday, October 29, 2004

 

Fatal attraction of swallowed magnets

`American scientists have identified yet another improbable accident waiting to happen. Don’t, they warn today, ever let your baby swallow two magnets at the same time.

One magnet, no problem, says Alan Oestreich of Cincinnati children’s hospital, writing in the latest issue of the journal Radiology. [..]

Two magnets, however, could set up a potentially fatal attraction. “Any time more than one magnet passes beyond the stomach of a child, urgent surgical consideration is required,” he warned.’




One Response to “Fatal attraction of swallowed magnets”

  1. Carter Heinen Says:

    Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative blog.

Leave a Reply

news