handbook

Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

Python gets surgery after gulping down queen-size electric blanket

`It took surgery to save a 12-foot Burmese python after it swallowed an entire queen-size electric blanket — with the electrical cord and control box.

The blanket must have gotten tangled up in the snake’s rabbit dinner, owner Karl Beznoska said. He kept the blanket in cage to keep the 60-pound reptile, named Houdini, warm. [..]

X-rays showed the tangle of the blanket’s wiring extending through about 8 feet of the python’s digestive tract. The surgery to remove it took an 18-inch incision.’




Leave a Reply