news

Monday, April 16, 2007

 

Diner scarred for life after sausage explodes in her face

‘A woman diner was left with horrific burns after a Portuguese sausage dish exploded in her face. The victim was eating with friends when the accident took place at the Sporting Clube de Londres in west London. [..]

Witnesses described how the flaming chorizo sausage dish burnt out of control when a waiter topped it up with rum at a table packed with people.

The woman, who spent two weeks in hospital and has since undergone two skin graft operations, said it was like being hit by a “flame-thrower”. [..]

The victim will to have to wear pressure garments on both hands for 23 hours a day for up to two years.’




Leave a Reply

feedback